Promoting Community and Security for our Military Veterans via innovative tech solutions!
During the 2016 Labor Day weekend (September 2 - 4th), Antioch University Los Angeles, Operation Code & Sabio will gather more than 100 Hackathon participants (e.g. web developers, designers, UX/UI, project managers, military veterans) to compete for thousands of dollars in prizes to create solutions to some of the toughest problems military veterans face every day. Over the weekend, all participants will have the opportunity to work alongside veterans on software solutions to address these challenges:
- Housing for Veterans
- Educational Opportunities for Veterans
- Social & Emotional Health for Veterans and Family Members
- Employment Opportunities for Veterans
- Resources for Entrepreneurial Veterans
- To bring civilians and veterans together by providing an opportunity to create software solutions for daily challenges faced by veterans and their families.
- To introduce veterans to the world of software development.
- To expose military veterans to the myriad of resources available to help veterans transition into civilian life.
- To develop prototypes of applications that may lead to entrepreneurial ventures.
- To have FUN!!
$5,000 in prizes
Top Prize as selected by judges.
As selected by live judges
as selected by live judges
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Each Team Must Have at Least One Veteran
Team Max Size --> 6
Sunday, Sept 4th by 11.45 am via DevPost
You must demo a functional application but if you want to take part of your 5 mins to throw up a powerpoint for some info that is ok. Keep in mind that we are focused on functional applications though.
Please submit indicate where your source code could be located. We do not care where it is or what type it is. We just need it to be there in case we need to go to it.
Demo's to start at noon in main room.
How to enter
RSVP HERE: http://bit.ly/VetsHack
Founder/Executive Director, Operation Code
Principal Consultant, Balance Inc.
Vice President Digital Solutions, City National Bank
MARIA BURNS ORTIZ
CEO and Co-Founder, 7 Generation Games
We want apps that are going to help Military Veterans and their family members live complete, and rewarding lives.